SWG3 TO HOST 2019 INSTALMENT OF 'DRAMS, DANCING, MUSIC AND SCRAN' ON SATURDAY JAN 26
Following a successful inaugural run at The Spree Festival in Paisley this October, next year's third National Whisky Festival at Celtic Connections is set to be the biggest and most ambitious instalment to date. And we can't wait!
This time around, popular Glasgow events complex SWG3 will be playing host on Saturday 26 January, offering two fantastic three and a half hour sessions of unique whisky tastings, incredible live music and plenty of delicious and hearty local scran to see you right.
Featuring over 30 exhibitors from some the most exciting names in whisky and with over 100 different whiskies to try - all of which are included in the ticket price - this is truly a whisky lover's paradise.
But don't be fooled, however, this is no stuffy, suit and tie affair. From seasoned palettes to adventurous newcomers, everyone is welcome. You won't be sniffed at for enjoying whisky your way, nor will you have to pay through the nose to sample some of the finest whiskies the world has to offer.
This is about having fun, coming in from the cold and celebrating our national drink together in great company. And while you don't have to wear even an inch of tartan - who wouldn't say no to a kilt or two!
Don't like Whisky? Never tried it? Have no fear, NWF has got you covered too. Their newly-added craft beer bar and wide selection of gins, bourbons and other spirits will be more than sufficient to keep even the most stubborn drinkers happy. However, we'd always encourage everyone to have a wee taste if they've never tried it - especially the day after Burns Night!
Tickets cost £37 and include:
- Entry to one of two sessions on Saturday 26 January (12pm-3.30pm or 4.15pm-7.45pm)
- Unique NWF branded Glencairn crystal nosing glass, to use on the day and take home
- Access to sampling over 100 different whiskies (and some cheeky other spirits)
- The official festival programme
- Two discount vouchers to be used at the festival bottle shop, provided by Good Spirits Co.
- Access to masterclasses within your session (to be booked separately)
- And last but by no means least - an incredible bill of live music programmed by the folks our at Celtic Connections
THE NATIONAL WHISKY FESTIVAL @ CELTIC CONNECTIONS
JANUARY 26, 2019
100 EASTVALE PLACE
Head over to their website for more info - nationalwhiskyfestival.scot
This event is 18+ only. This event is likely to sell out in advance - book your tickets now to avoid disappointment.
Please drink responsibly.